Wednesday 4 October 2017

PRODUCTION: Trying Different Transitions

Whilst editing my footage I wanted to look at different possible transitions between cuts which would look best and would suit the pace and theme of my documentary. So that I could demonstrate what each transition looked like I used a screen recorder, this recorded my screen as I played each transition and you can see these videos below.



The first transition I used was a cross blur (as seen below), I was't too keen on this as I felt it didn't flow with the music too well.



The next transition I used is a cross dissolve (see below), I preferred this transition as it fitted really well with the background music and the pace of the footage.




The final transition I used was a cross zoom (see below), I also like this transition but only between specific cuts as it is quite a fast transition and only looks right at certain points.



No comments:

Post a Comment