Tuesday 5 September 2017

RESEARCH: Shots in 1 Minute of a Documentary

Whilst researching for my documentary I wanted to know how many shots I will roughly need to fill my 5 minute extract. To do this I looked at a fashion documentary and I counted how many different shots were in the first minute (0-1) the 31st minute (31-32) and the 55th minute (55-56). Here is what I found...
Minute 1 - 30 shots 
Minute 31 - 22 shots
Minute 55 - 11 shots
I found that there were different amounts of shots in these different minute due to what part of the documentary it was. The first minute had the most shots as it was the opening and it was setting the scene for what the whole documentary was going to be about. Minute 31 had slightly less as it started to get into an informal interview so less shots were used, and finally minute 55 only had 11 shots as it was a formal sit-down interview so it was more focused on the interview than using lots of different shots.
See the video below for the documentary I used for this research:


No comments:

Post a Comment